Thursday, September 2, 2010

My First EDU 255 Class

My first EDU 255 class with Professor Yang was interesting. I didn't know what to expect and definitely didn't think we would be teaching a four minute lesson to the class. We all had to teach a four minute lesson on anything we wanted. We had the choice to use an item that was brought to class (football, volleyball, soccer ball, basketball) to teach a lesson or use anything else we wanted to. The class was split in half, and we began to teach our lessons. I was one of the last people to go so I was a little nervous that someone else might do what I was thinking. Luckily, no one else did what I had in mind. I ended up teaching the class how to do the triple jump since I have experience coaching track & field. After my lesson I realized I chose something that needed a lot longer than four minutes to teach. I guess that is better than ending my lesson before the four minutes expired though. Everyone in the class was supportive of everyone that was teaching their lesson, and it turned out better than I thought (at least for me). It was interesting to see how everyone had their own way of teaching their lesson but was similar in ways as well. Overall I was a little nervous at first, but I know the more we practice the better teachers we will become.

No comments:

Post a Comment