Thursday, December 9, 2010

Lab D Reflection

My lesson for Lab D was on Sport Stacking, more commonly known as Cup Stacking. Sport Stacking is not your traditional physical education class unit, but it has gained so much popularity in physical education classrooms all over the country. Some people may think that Sport Stacking shouldn't be a unit in physical education. They think that it isn't a physical activity, but boy, are they wrong! It satisfies many of the NASPE Standards. For example, Standards 1 and 2 are satisfied by the students in their ability to comprehend and perform the many different stacks. Sport Stacking has many benefits, including muscle endurance on the health-related fitness side. You wouldn't believe how tired your arms can get from continuously stacking. It also is a great way to develop and maintain hand-eye coordination, reaction time, and speed.


I was quite disappointed with my teaching in the lesson. I started off well, but Dr. Yang threw me a curveball with Andy acting as a blind student and I got caught looking. I did my best to regroup, but it threw me off a lot. I ended up forgetting to mention my visual aid and the cues to the 6-6 stack that I was teaching. I waited a couple days to clear my head of all of the negative thoughts that tend to fill your head right after an event like this happens and thought about what I could have differently in that situation. Things like that occur in a physical education classroom, and I need to learn how to properly deal with it.



Lab D Videos:







Lesson Plan

Task Progression Sheet

Assessment

Block Plan

Scope & Sequence

Transcription

Time Coding Form

Feedback Analysis Form

Content Development

Self C-9 Form

Lab D Packet

No comments:

Post a Comment